Posted by Chris on behalf of mom:
"Georgina, Rigdon, and I drove to Stanford this a.m. for three appointments. All were going well, great percentages of survival with chemo, lifelong pills, and radiation at the end. I mentioned to each medical personnel that my right ex-breast hurt and was red into the center of my chest away from where the steri strips may have caused an allergic reaction. I had a little fever yesterday, napped a long time and went to bed early I was feeling so bad.
"I had been told by Dr. Gurtner, the plastics guy (that is what he is called around here) that there was a 20-30% chance of infection and I would have to go on IV antibiotics if it happened. So here I am, back in the hospital for a few days to get rid of the infection.
"Rigdon left to spring Bubba from the Emergency vet where he has been because he couldn't use his hind legs. Rigdpn will take Bubba to the neurologist at UC Davis for a diagnosis. I am planning to get online and shop for a little wooden cart for Bubba to use if we can't get his legs going."
A friend of mine who is an avid soccer fan and a huge Landon Donovan
supporter sent me this email over the weekend: I’m still just stunned over
the Donovan...
Sorry to hear they've got you back "in stir" for a few days, but I hope you can relax and enjoy the service (and have somebody else bring your food!). My dog Tiffany Circle had an episode of nonworking back legs -- set her down at the food dish, her entire back half would capsize majestically into the water dish -- even though she's only 2 and full of "hybrid vigor" so they say. The vet eventually diagnosed a slipped disc and it improved 95% with a few weeks of steroids. Of course the steroids turn her into SuperTiff, eats like a horse, snarls at everything and quite incontinent, but those effects wear off too. So I hope your Bubba will be back in battery pronto. Good luck, thinking of you, Cathy
ReplyDelete